Sign up for news of future projects
If you would like to kick-start your own journey to creating change by taking part in a future project, please sign-up here. We'll keep you informed as new opportunities arise!
What is your application criteria?
We are working with young people, aged 18- 26 years old, who also fulfil the following criteria:
- Enthusiastic and passionate young people with demonstrable experience of social action (examples of social action include: fundraising, volunteering and campaigning. This could be via school, college, uni, a charity or community/faith group).
- Creative and/or entrepreneurial.
- Want to make a difference in the world but need improved networks, skills and focus to achieve their potential impact
- Our aim is to represent the full breadth of society in the groups we work with. This means we want to include people from all backgrounds and of all abilities. Part of the value of the experience is spending time with people you might not normally meet, so it's important to us that you are open-minded to socialise with and build relationships with people from a different background to yourself.
- We are committed to making every possible adjustment to make our programme accessible, if you have a question about accessibility please email Leonie@driversforchange.org.uk.
What are the benefits of taking part?
This is a unique experience and what each participant will get out will depend on what they put in. We ask everyone to come with an eagerness to learn from their peers and a willingness to participate enthusiastically in all elements of the journey and to engage with the network beyond its end - this is vital for getting maximum value from the experience.
Our commitment is that by taking part in Drivers for Change our participants will:
- Build their network and create connections with like-minded creative and entrepreneurial people from different backgrounds.
- Receive practical advice on how to develop a social enterprise, business or arts project.
- Be inspired by and connected to social leaders from across the UK.
- Get ongoing access to a peer skills exchange.
- Access mentoring opportunities.
- Receive access and signposting to seed funding opportunities.
- Get support to promote a social enterprise, business or project.
- Develop an understanding of a diverse range of social challenges around the UK.
- Meet social entrepreneurs from countries including Indonesia, Pakistan and Brazil and learn about the social challenges in those communities.
Do you support international participants
This year we partnered with the British Council’s DICE (Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies) programme which is running in Egypt, Brazil, Pakistan, Indonesia and South Africa. We are excited to have had 18 participants from the 5 countries attend our first journey and hope we can extend our reach in further years.
contribute to a future project
Would you like to help make Drivers for Change a success? We're looking for funders, speakers and facilitators for future projects. Get in touch if you'd like to find out more about how you can help.